Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not previously been published in similar form (including in another language), it is not under consideration elsewhere, and it will not be published elsewhere within three years of publication in the JHS. If you are unsure about any of these provisos, please provide an explanation in "Comments to the Editor."
- The text is double-spaced in a 12-point font. Documentation is provided in footnotes (not endnotes or in-text citations). All illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- The article is saved in PDF format.
- Any elements that might identify you as author, including headers and footers, allusions to individuals or institutions in acknowledgments, and references to your previous publications have been removed. (These elements can all be restored if the essay is accepted for publication.
StudiesArticles in this section must be original work based on sound empirical (primary) evidence. This is the largest section in the journal, representing the newest findings within the field of the history of sexuality.
TextsIn this section, we will publish articles that provide an historically contextualized reading of literary or other types of texts.
MethodsThis section contains articles that investigate methodological challenges and controversies of the field.
SourcesSubmit your article to this section if it investigates important new historical sources for the history of sexuality or if it explores a source that should be better known to us.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.